Things to Do for insomnia during pregnancy
Last night in prenatal yoga class we talked some about insomnia. Three students and myself had been up the night before with insomnia. Prenatal Yoga definitely helps with sleep during pregnancy. One of the most consistent comments I get about the classes are that the women sleep better after them as well as sleep better throughout the week! This is the very short list of things NOT to do during insomnia . . .
Things NOT to do during insomnia – play video games on your phone, get up and work on the computer, go on Facebook (do not do!)
Things TO do during insomnia when you’re pregnant:
- Keep the lights low.
- Read with a headlamp if at all possible.
- Do low energy and low light tasks.
- You can get up and stretch and do some night yoga that you learn during prenatal yoga classes but keep it relaxing, nothing strenuous.
- Eat some turkey. The Tryptophan will make you sleepy.
- Make some warm milk with cinnamon -Warm milk also has Tryptophan.
- Listen to a Sleep Meditation for insomnia